Sunday, October 30, 2005

And so it begins...

Ever since I can remember I've always wanted to become a pilot, up until a few months ago it was still only a dream. After reading about another blogger's experiences with his pilot training, I finally asked myself why was I still only dreaming about it, why wasn't I actually doing something about it.

This fellow blogger and I had a lot in common, we're both Canadian, nearly the same age, with a wife and kids, mortgage etc.... The only difference was, he was doing something about fulfilling his dream, and I wasn't. This gave me the motivation I needed.

The next morning while I was sipping on a coffee and reading the newspaper, I told my wife that I was thinking about going out to the local airport to see if there was any flight training available, she's always known of my desire to become a pilot and agreed that I should go check it out. I then flipped to the next page in the newspaper, and right smack dab in the middle of the page was an add for a local flight school... was that a sign or what?

After I finished the paper, I went to the airport that beautiful August morning, spoke with the flight instructor of the school and signed up for ground school.

And so it begins...

1 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Incredible!

This could be my blog entry, but I don't have a blog :)

I went on my first intro flight two weeks ago, and have done one lesson since then.

Looks like you have a 14 month head start.

I look forward to reading through your postings.

--
Dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter javascript