Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The weather blues...

Well, I was really looking forward to this past weekend's lesson (straight and level), unfortunately the weather did not cooperate at all. After reading many times about weather cancellations in some of the other flying blogs I follow, it's happened to me too, and only my second lesson.

All we needed was a measly 2,000 ft, but the overcast didn't get any higher than 1,700 ft all weekend. I checked the metar every few hours, both days, this sucks!

Our airport is 160 feet, (200 feet rounded up), add another 1,000 feet for circuit height, and we need to stay a minimum 500 below the cloud base, so technically we were at the bare minimums, for one afternoon, but we decided not to push it.

Anyways, this weekend is looking good...

1 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Kris Johnson said...

When the ceiling is between 1500 and 2000, that's generally a good time for pattern work. However, you may not have enough experience yet to get much benefit out of that.

About one quarter of my lessons were scrubbed due to weather. The only advice I can give is to get used to it, and spend those days studying regs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter javascript