Friday, April 07, 2006

Another windy day

I never relized how windy it was where I live until I started flying. I was going to go flying this afternoon but the wind was gusting to over 20 knots. I checked the weekend weather, Sat is going to be rainy and windy, but Sunday looks like it will be partly cloudy and calm, so I called and booked my next lesson for Sunday at 5 PM. Some will think that this is an unusual time to have a flight lesson, but in my world it makes perfect sense - let me explain how things work in the world that I live in.

I'm on duty this weekend at my Fire Station, for those of you that don't know I'm also a paid volunteer firefighter. We get over 140 calls per year, with another 100 or so calls that are false alarms, so it's a pretty busy volunteer station, this is one of the reasons why we are paid. Now, one of the requirements of being a firefighter at my station is that it must be manned during the weekend days to ensure that we're able to continue to give our community response times that are equal to that a full time station. So three weekends a year I have to do a weekend duty, this runs both Sat and Sun, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM. So this weekend, both my days are out because I'm at my station, so I can only fly after I get off.

The weather for tomorrow isn't looking very promising, but Sunday looks good. So I hope to be working on my next flying blog entry Sunday night. Lets hope the weather work out for me on Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter javascript