Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Hitting the books

I been spending an hour here and an hour there studying for my written PPL exam. When I finished ground school last fall I had every intention of writting the test as soon as I hit the minimum required flight hours, but I never got around to doing it.

So now I find myself in a pickle... my to do list is getting very long.

1) I return to French language training the first week of September, this requires me do at least 10 hours a week of home study. But I first have to study for, take and pass the test for the last section I completed this past spring. I can read French at a bilingual level, but I need alot of practise in the speaking, writing and learning the proper grammer rules of said language.

2) We have a new baby due the end of September, so we're all excited about this.

3) We're getting a new puppy in the middle of Sept. ( the date sucks but this process started nearly two years ago, it's a long story... kids are excited)

4) Our deck has seen it last summer. I, with the help of a buddy are scheduled to start this little project the second weekend of September, of course weather permitting.

5) My neice is getting married the first weekend of Sept, so we have a trip to Cape Breton planned to attend the wedding. (Flying would be so much faster, 6 hr drive vs 1.25 hr flight each way).

6) A lieutenant's postition might be opening up soon at the firehall, and I'd like to apply. This would require study on my part to write the test and preparing for an interview.

As you can see I have alot on my plate right now, and I'm really trying the crack down and hit the books so I can get the PPL exam out of the way by the end of August. I hope to write it locally at my flight school, if they ever get around to setting up the computer. If writing it locally doesn't pan out then I have a couple hour commute each way, to write it in Moncton.

I hope to get up for another flight lesson within the next few days.

So much to do, and so little time to do it in.

2 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger Aviatrix said...

Is it an assistance dog puppy? (That's the only thing I can think of that would take two years to process. Or it's some special fancy breed you had to get on a waiting list for, but I'm betting on the former.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Rob said...

Well, take the most simpliest thing and complicated beyond all reason and you'll most often find me somewhere in the mix.

My kids have bugged us for years about getting a puppy. Puppies are great but they become dogs, which are great too, if you are up to the time, effort and responsiblity a dog requires.

I finally relented and said yes two years ago. I wanted a Doberman, (I had one for 12 years, and she was the best dog/family pet one could ask for). Since any new dog of ours would be spending alot of time outside in the winter with the kids, this ruled out a Doberman, (they are not suited for the cold).

My second choice was a German Shepard, we met with a local breeder and her dogs, liked what we saw and committed ourselves to a puppy, after more than a year and a half of waiting (no new puppies were born) we decided on a new breeder, met with her and her dogs and then committed ourselves to a puppy.

Since any dog of ours would often be outside with our kids and their friends I wanted to meet the parents myself to ensure proper temperment.

Our puppy was finally born July 18th, which means he comes home the middle of Sept. We're actually going to visit with the breeder next weekend to pick him out of the litter.

The kids are more excited about the puppy than the new baby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter javascript