Sunday, April 29, 2007

Briefing update, flight test booked!

I met with Dave last Friday morning and went over the questions that he had giving me. Then we went over some of the stuff that I might be asked during my flight test.

This weeked sucked weather wise but Saturday looks like it might be nice enough to fly to the mainland airport where the TC examiner is located. (We need at least a 6,000 ft to get across the straight VFR). We'll fly to Debert, (45 minutes one way) then I'll meet with the examiner and take the flight test, and if everything goes well I'll fly back home a licenced pilot.

I've never been to Debert before so I'll be flying out of an airport and over terra firma during the test that I've never seen before, also we'll be skirting the Halifax terminal control area. It should be quite interesting to say the least, let hope my sense of direction doesn't fail me... I'd hate to get lost and not be able to find my way back to the airport!

As always I'm walking into this challenge with the standard "10 foot tall and bullet proof attitude". I'd hate to be humbled now..... I think that I hear "Mr. Reality" knocking at the front door!

I'll let you know how I make out...

2 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your flight test.

I'm a PPL student from Sweden who just started my training. I've been reading your blog for a while to get some inspiration.

/ Feffe

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger Rob said...

Thanks for the note... I read another bloggers website for the same reason, nothing beats reading about things first-hand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter javascript